Sep 10, 2014

"Write" Now

My mind is a bit rusty, the wheels slowly trying to turn. I can hear the grinding and creaking as it tries to warm up and think about writing again.

Today is the first day I've had to sit down and write in what feels like forever. Forget about my infrequent posts here, I don't think I've written a journal entry in almost a year. That is unheard of for me. But with Hope gone all day and Paige in preschool three mornings a week, I am hoping that the quiet mornings with Nora will result in more writing.

But here I am with a blank page in front of me, the time to write (thank you, Nora for sleeping right now), and I don't even know how to find my words. In fact, I'm not even sure where my thoughts are. They've been shoved into the depths of my mind so many times because the day-to-day necessities of Kid Thoughts have taken over.

You know Kid Thoughts -- Time to get ready. Does she have her lunch? What time is it? Get out the door so we don't miss the bus. She wants a snack. What food do we have? She's crying again. Could she be hungry already? Better check her diaper. I'm exhausted. Will she be content long enough for me to read this article? How much television has she watched today? -- and on and on and on.

By the time I have a few minutes to think, my mind is numb, needing a good long time to warm up again, or, more preferably, wanting sleep. That's kind of where I am right now. I want to write. I need to write. But what should I write? What do I want to write?

I don't know. Give me a minute to pull out my thoughts and dust them off. Oof. This might take awhile.

xoxo, christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? I'd love to hear from you!