Jun 30, 2014

Counting Down

Oh the contractions! That I have basically been having since twelve weeks. Okay, twelve might be an exaggeration, but shortly after twenty weeks is not far off the mark. Which is fine and all because, well, Braxton-Hicks and all that stuff, but ugh, now that I am nearing the end of pregnancy these "practice" contractions are torturing me.

Am I going into labor? Am I going into labor now? How about now? Are these getting stronger? Just go to sleep, Christine, for the love, and if you're in labor they'll wake you up! Clearly I'm not in labor. And that is actually a good thing since I'm only hitting the 37 week point this week, but it still doesn't stop me from obsessing almost every. single. night.

Obviously, I want this baby to come when she is ready, I just wish she could be one of those babies that are ready around 37 or 38 weeks. She's already got such a good track record for this pregnancy, passing my first glucose screening and all. I'm sure she wants to stay in Mommy's good graces. (Wink. Wink.)

We are pretty much ready, which I suppose means she won't come until August, because isn't that how these things work? And my doctor informed me that if there's no type of progress by forty weeks they are not allowed to induce me until forty-one weeks. (And if my previous pregnancies are any indication my body does not "make progress" until it is actually in labor. So, you know, I'm not really excited at the possibility of waddling around for another four and half weeks.)

Of course, I realize, there is nothing I can do but wait patiently (or not patiently, but either way I still have to wait), so I might as well end my rant. All these contractions do just make me want to spend the last several weeks of pregnancy in bed, preferably asleep, which I realize is not possible for various reasons (my children being one, my bursts of nervous nesting energy being another, and the fact that I'd never actually be able to sleep Rip Van Winkle Style for the next month, unfortunately.)

She will comes when she comes and then I will be exhausted and uncomfortable for other reasons, but I'll get to hold this sweet baby in my arms. Something I am anxiously waiting for.

(Nope. Still not in labor.)

xoxo, christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? I'd love to hear from you!