Jun 19, 2014

Goodnight Storm Clouds

I love my bed. In fact, I'm pretty sure I have an unhealthy relationship with it. But let me tell you, as wonderful as it is, it is not comfortable with four people in it. Even if two of the people are little people.

We have had overnight thunderstorms the past couple of nights, which have led to two girls screaming and running to our bed at two or four in the morning. I can't really blame them, I remember being afraid of the loud thunder when I was a kid (and still am if the storm is severe), plus it's not exactly a pleasant way to wake up in the middle of the night. But, that still does not make for a good night of sleep.

Also, we've had one or the other girl in our bed for various reasons several nights leading up to to the stormy nights.

Generally we take the girls back to their beds because I have a really hard time sleeping with extra bodies in bed, but when it's due to thunder that doesn't stop all night, it's hard to get them back in their own space. On top of all this drama, I haven't slept well for pregnancy related reasons since, well, the beginning of time (or close to it).

In any case, you can imagine that we are feeling quite sleep deprived over here, which is why I envision today as rather unpleasant in our household.

I realize that this should all just be preparation for the sleep deprivation we are going to experience once our newest little bundle makes her appearance. Trust me, I have already had many panicky moments imagining how we will all survive once Mommy and Daddy are not getting adequate sleep.

I'm going to just go ahead and assume that somehow it will be okay and we will all survive without too many scars. Until then though, you can find me napping on the couch. Or my bed. Or the chair. Or wherever and whenever I can.

xoxo, (and zzzzzzz) christine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? I'd love to hear from you!