Jul 2, 2012

Warning: A Month of Chaos Ahead




It is July, and suddenly I am hyperventilating.  My sister is getting married this month and I am thrilled to be going to New York, to be taking the girls on their first visit out there (and first plane ride).

But this month has turned into crazy.  Swim lessons that are desperately needed for a four-year-old who doesn't like the deep end even when being held.  Which makes it two weeks straight of needing someone to watch the little one.  Appointments upon appointments, at least three more times a babysitter is required.

I can't quiet the noise in my head.  The laundry and cleaning that's needed day in and day out.  And everything else that must happen before we leave.  I'm afraid I'm not going to get it done.  But I can't pack my suitcase this week.  I have clothes I want to wear between now and then.

How do I step back?  Take a deep breath?

One thing at a time.  Relax.  It will get done.  Playdates will be enjoyed, appointments will be attended, water comfort will be learned, and packing will be completed.

Sometimes it's hard to remember to slow down.  I like to have things to do.  But I can't say I like to be busy.  Except that sometimes my "things to do" turn into "busy" and then I get overwhelmed and like I am today.

Breathe in...  Breathe out...  And take a nap.  Naps make everything better.  Kind of like cupcakes.

xoxo.
Christine


Linking up with Elaine.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a gorgeous photo!

    And yes, it will get done but I can SO relate to the anxiety anticipation before it does... xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? I'd love to hear from you!