Feb 12, 2014

Good Bye Minnesota, Hello Walking Pneumonia

I'm going to New York this weekend. I decided to splurge on myself and take a long weekend to visit my sister. I'm not really getting away from the cold, but I'm getting away, so that counts. It's my Sister! It's New York! Win/win.

I'm leaving tomorrow (crossing fingers for cooperative weather), so naturally Paige woke up yesterday sick. Again. But instead of waiting a few days like I normally would, I decided that with all her illnesses this winter and me being gone over the weekend, a prompt visit to the doctor was in order.

We spent two hours in the office this morning and left with a diagnosis of walking pneumonia and an ear infection. My poor girl.

But I am terribly relieved that this one time I decided to be proactive because now we have antibiotics and a nebulizer to help get her on the road to recovery. And I can feel better about leaving my sick baby for a few days knowing that she is getting something to help her back to her regular self.


Never before have I had a child so sick that she willingly crawls into my bed in the middle of the day and sleeps for three hours.

(Side note: Technically this means that I should be getting a TON done, but instead I feel the need to curl up next to her and just be with her.)

I know that it's going to be hard for me to say goodbye tomorrow (and maybe for her too). But I take comfort in the fact that she will be in the very capable and loving hands of her Daddy, who took a few days off to spend with the girls while I'm gone.

Still, I'm sure I will worry about her while I'm gone. It's just how I am. But I'm also sure it won't keep me from enjoying my much-needed time with my sister.

xoxo, christine



No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? I'd love to hear from you!