Feb 8, 2015

Goodnight Mama Whispering 'Hush'

Is there any method of getting my baby to sleep at night without letting her cry? And that results in both of us sleeping through the night?



We are going through something. I think it's to do with my baby waking at night and instead of being able soothe herself, I nurse her. It's the fastest way I know she'll go back to sleep and then I can go back to sleep. The problem is, I'm up at least twice at night, it's starting to catch up with me, and I know I'm just making the habit that much harder to break later.

I'm not complaining. Not really. I know everything is just a moment. Every moment passes. Sometime soon she'll be sleeping through the night by herself, and I'll miss our nighttime nursing. Which is also why I'm not willing to let her cry it out. Not right now. Even as tired as I am, I just don't have the willpower to listen to her cry.


I keep hoping that something will miraculously cause her to sleep through without me having to do any "training," but so far that hasn't really worked out. Which I guess just means I need to prepare myself for more sleepless nights. At least for now.

Good night. I'll be up again in a few hours.

xoxo, christine



No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? I'd love to hear from you!