May 9, 2017

Sugarless May Day 9

I feel no magic.

I am tired. I am moody. I am so over this.

The end.

****

Yes, yes, I know. I was not expecting to feel any magical energy or joy or whatever positive thing it is that one feels after giving up sugar for a month, not yet anyway. I know that it will (hopefully? maybe? IT BETTER!) happen by the end of the 31 days. BEFORE the end of the 31 days.

I was expecting to feel a lot of physical symptoms last week like headaches, dizziness, nausea, night sweats, SOMETHING. But, aside from that first night/day of dizziness, I didn't notice anything else. Which leads me to wonder am I 1) doing this wrong? 2) totally not addicted to sugar like I thought or 3) am sugared up via the copious amounts of fruit I'm eating and the milk I'm drinking and that is therefore keeping my body from detoxing from any sugar because IT'S STILL GETTING SUGAR!!!!

Also, I noticed more irritability last week. Like, particularly a couple nights of wanting to scream and bash my head against a wall. But it's hard to know, was it from my body missing it's sugar fix, my mind missing it's emotional sugar fix, or the fact that after putting the girls to bed at 8:30 they whined, cried, got up, called for us, etc etc ETC until they fell asleep at 10:30. Several nights IN. A. ROW.

Hmm, we may never know.

Now today, into week two, all I notice is being dog-tired and just feeling over it. Why did I think this was a good idea?

Only three weeks and one day to go. Not that I'm counting.

xoxo,
christine

PS. Perhaps the moodiness is real because I AM USING SO MANY CAPITAL LETTERS. WHY AM I USING SO MANY ANGRY CAPITAL LETTERS!? BECAUSE I AM FEELING ALL THE BIG FEELINGS EVERYWHERE AND EVERYTHING AND I CAN NOT HOLD IT IN BECAUSE BIG FEELINGS! The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? I'd love to hear from you!