Dec 10, 2011

Making Time for Me

Yesterday I wrote about being nice to myself, and pretty much dropping everything for the girls.  It was necessary for me on that particular day.

I do, however, firmly believe that most of the time it is important for me to make time for myself too.

In order for me to be the best mom I can be to my girls, I need to feel like I am an individual and that my needs are a priority too.

Not only does it help me be a better mom, but I also think it is a good example to set for the girls.  I am always their mother, and I will almost always put their needs before my own (such is the life of a mom, no?), but it is healthy for them to see me take care of myself and to know that it takes work to run a household.

Part of being nice to myself, is also allowing myself to have a break, to take time just for me, to sometimes be a "just a minute" mom in order to get something done around the house.

Here are a couple ways I do just that:

* Meet a friend for a chat
* Snuggle into bed with a book
* Take a shower
* Write (journal or blog)
* Catch up on my favorite blogs during nap time
* Get at least one thing crossed off my To Do list during the day
* Watch my favorite TV show
* Go window shopping



How about you?  How do you take time for yourself?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? I'd love to hear from you!