Mar 16, 2012

Heart

Sometimes I have irrational worries about my health.

A horrible headache caused by a brain tumor, or diarrhea caused by colon cancer.

The fear usually disappears as quickly as it comes, right after my symptoms are relieved.  Perhaps I have some hypochondriac tendencies.

This week it was my heart.  I had a two day long heart attack.  Which means I had the longest heart attack in history.

(Or, perhaps I don't understand the specifics of heart disease. Which also explains why a moment of upper back pain led to me fearing my demise via a heart attack.)

My husband thinks that my body is trying to deal with the stress of Monday.  I think he is one smart man.

The one benefit from my irrational fears these past couple days?  I am feeling even more grateful for my life, my two girls, and my husband.

I mean, really grateful.  The kind of grateful filled with patience and joy and appreciation of all the little moments.  My heart is exploding with love for my family.

So maybe not a heart attack after all.

Just a heart, over-flowing with love.



Playing their "guitars"

2 comments:

  1. Overflowing love, is good.

    (Someone who loves your heart so much to take care of you, also good.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best kind of attack to the heart :) Have a lovely, happy, giggles full weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? I'd love to hear from you!