Jan 13, 2014

I've Got the Blues

We have officially enter the winter doldrums. Or at least, I have. I know, I know, some people would argue that I'm choosing to live in in this tundra so if I'm that miserable I should just leave. And sometimes I really wish we would leave. (San Diego anyone?) But, our families are here and our life is here. So I guess I'm just going to have to find a way to embrace winter in the Midwest. (Do I say this same thing every year?)

I keep telling myself that one of these winters I will figure out a way to enjoy the season. That I will find winter activities that make the snow and cold more bearable.

This year we've at least started by getting the girls out ice skating. With a former hockey player as a husband I'm a little surprised it hasn't happened sooner, but at least it's happening now. And both of the girls seem to really love the ice, which is good news for those winter doldrums I've been complaining about.

And, in related news, the weather has warmed significantly so at least getting out of the house feels at lot less overwhelming and a lot more doable.

Our frigid Monday. Modern Family and an evening treat.



Peppermint tea for the ladies before bed.



Paige fell asleep mid-tv show. Smile. Hope's birthday cake (for her party). She lost her first tooth.


Yes, someday I'll be one of these hearty Midwesterners that scoff at below zero temperatures and have as many outdoor things to do when it's freezing as she does when it's hot. (Maybe.)

And I'm not-at-all jealous that my brother-in-law and niece are going to Texas this next weekend at all. Nope. (Except that I totally am.)

Any thoughts on how to beat some winter blues? I'm taking any and all suggestions.

xoxo, christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? I'd love to hear from you!