Nov 12, 2015

And So It Begins

Well, it's done. Today I purchased an actual Christmas gift. The first of the season. Although, I suppose it could be a birthday gift since we do have a birthday to celebrate seven days after Christmas, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be a Christmas gift. And, more importantly, when I bought it I had it in mind for Christmas.

My whole plan of getting the holiday shopping done before December 1st is feeling more and more unfeasible . I am still obsessing and stressing about gifts, I'm just doing it in November instead of December. And I feel stressed out at the idea of not getting everything done before the end of the month. So my mind is on overdrive yelling at me that YOU MUST HAVE ALL YOUR GIFT IDEAS FIGURED OUT NOW AND THEN GET THEM BECAUSE TIME IS RUNNING OUT!!!

I am pretty sure that I have brought up Christmas gift ideas to my husband every single day for the last five days. So, not really stopping me from focusing on the material side of Christmas. But, maybe come December my craziness will be a distant memory and the month will be joy and peace and goodwill to all??? Maybe? Please? I hope?

How does one survive the holiday shopping without the chaos and stress? Any ideas? Tips?

Most years I have solid ideas for what I want to get the girls, but this year I'm kind of struggling, which is perhaps why I feel the need to discuss and over analyze and talk about and reanalyze my thoughts on the topic every.single.day.

But then, I just looked at the calendar and realized it's only November 12th. It's not even the mid date of the month. And, as my husband so dearly pointed out, I don't have to have everything done by December 1st. That is my own personal deadline. I can always (dramatic pause) change it.

So, you know. Maybe I can ease off on the craziness a little bit.

But for now I'm going to bask in the start of my holiday shopping and celebrate with a big mug of hot cocoa.

xoxo, christine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? I'd love to hear from you!