Nov 17, 2015

Working Girl

I have a job.

It is part time, in the school district, and a part of a program I feel really good about. All of which is exactly what I was looking for, so I am pretty excited about it.

I'm not sure it will be easy leaving Nora because I have only ever known staying home full-time with my kids, but the part time hours make me less uneasy and my mom is my childcare which helps with the apprehension of leaving my baby. But I'm anticipating some big adjustments, for both her and me.

Being a part of the school district is a huge bonus though. I really wanted to be able to be available to be home during my kids' school breaks. And, again, the part time hours mean I can still volunteer for field trips and classroom help as well.

But, it is all going to be a big change. I haven't had a job since leaving on maternity leave when Hope was born almost eight years ago. I'm a little nervous, but mostly about handling the adjustment of what being a part time working mom looks like. I have no idea what it's going to look like for me and, as a planner, that is a little overwhelming and scary.

It will be good though. Through all of my apprehension and nervousness and sadness about leaving Nora, I do believe that this is a good thing.

I have a job. Whew. I can't believe I'm saying those words.

And for everyone who sent out kind thoughts and words for my job search, thank you. Thank you very much.

xoxo, christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? I'd love to hear from you!