Jan 18, 2012

A Four-Year-Old's Humor (you've been warned)

My daughter has a potty mouth.

No, not the vocabulary of a sailor.  Although, that's not to say she hasn't overheard a few naughty words from her mother father.

Her potty mouth is, in fact, about the potty.  Poop and butt seem to be her new favorite words.  And any combination of the two, or even adding a well-placed adjective such as stinky, is guaranteed to cause a fit of giggles.

Spongebob Squarepants is now Spongebob Poop-pants.  (Not that we watch it, because he is not my favorite cartoon for a four-year-old.)

Her sister too, has caught on to the hilarity of it all, and will run up and down the hall yelling, "Poopy butt!  Poopy butt!"

I'm not sure, but Adam and I may not help the situation when we joke around about toys pooping and tooting on each other.  (There is your ah-ha moment.  Our daughter comes by it quite naturally.)

For the most part, I don't mind.  When it's just the four of us.  In the privacy of our own home.  Alone.

But before you go running for the hills, or feel the need to remove your child from my daughter's preschool class and thus her poopy influence, I will tell you, for the most part the potty humor does stay at home.

But just in case, I might be having a little discussion about where potty humor is appropriate.  You know, just so she doesn't end up getting a note sent home from school informing us she called the teacher Mrs. Poopy Pants.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? I'd love to hear from you!